To extend the facebook token goto the URL https://developers.facebook.com/tools/access_tokens and look for the application name which you have created. In our case the application name is “DummyTestApplication”
Once you see the application name just click on the link “need to grant permissions” under the User Token section. After clicking on the above link you will get following message than click on continue.
After you click on the continue option your will be able to see the token in the user token section of the page. Please refer the screen shot below : -
Now you have the user token which only valid for one hour or so. You can test your token validity at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/ .
Just copy the access token and paste it here and click on the Debug button
We need to extend this token for longer duration. There two ways to extend the access token .
- Click on the Extend access token button available just below the Access token debugger screen
- Second option would be : User the following URL
- (* You can get the AppID, App Secret from application page which you have created)
- Once you submit above URL you will the new access_token on the browser
- You can use this access token